Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas!!! and a warm hello for the week leading up to Happy New Year!

Christmas Eve in Birtville as well as the whole week here, was wonderful.  Because I had gotten my act together early this year, I had a very calm week before Christmas.  I had a chance to make cookies, wrap gifts at my own speed, STAY HOME instead of being on the road every day, and just plain ole' enjoy Christmas.  I worked Christmas Eve at the nursing home from  11p-7am on Christmas morning.  When I got home, Adam had left the Christmas lights on for me so it was really peaceful and quiet.  I managed to get a few minutes rest before everyone got up and then the day began.  Gift exchange, breakfast in front of the fire, a nice seafood chowder and a movie with the boys, all made for a wonderful day.  I was also in bed by 5 pm and slept until about 10 the next morning.  Not as young as I used to be for sure.

Because I was working our Christmas Eve in Birtville was quieter than usual.  Julie, Alex, Jude, and Jett were here and spent the evening.  Adam and I both got some pics and here are some of the pics of both the Birtville Christmas Eve and our Christmas Day.









Ok, so we've got the cookies covered....








No comments: