Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Events

While this week didn't quite turn out like we expected and we had to cancel our trip to Boston, we are still managing to enjoy life. No matter what, life is still good. As every one knows I had my 1 year CT scan this week. I recieved my final report on it on Friday and while most of it came back excellently there is a "spot" by my left ovary that wasn't on last years CT, and didn't show up on my US in October, so I will have to have that evaluated again. Will have to have it done by US because CT really does not detect ovarian malformations very well. Am not worried since this could actually be a glitch in the CT pics themselves.

Earlier in the week I got into something that I'm allergic to and turned into one huge "hive". We have narrowed it down to some possibilities such as CT contrast, peanut butter, and strawberries. Ended up doing 2 stints in the ER at Mercy Hospital to receive IV steroids, Benadryl, Atarax...etc. What a mess! I actually looked like a cross between the Michelin Man and a burn victim. The last visit and injections on Saturday seemed to have helped and while some of the hives are still there, the burning, itching, and the swelling is going away. I can open my eyes now and my hands aren't 3 times their normal size anymore. Needless to say, I'm going to end up having a work up of some sort for that. What a week!

The good parts about all this: Art is home for a few days, he's resting and the stress of caring for his mother is a bit less, the boys were able to have their get together with their friends last night as they planned, the hives were caught early enough before my airway could fully swell, and Adam was around to do what needed to be done for me on Wednesday night. God does watch over us all.

No comments: